Cooking method: steaming
Number of meals: 1-2 people
Preparation time: 10-20 minutes
Production time: 1-2 hours
一、Cooking ingredients preparation
Pork filling: 250 g
Shiitake: 250 g
Flour: 500 g
Yeast powder: 5 g
Five-spice powder: moderate amount
Chopped green onion and ginger: 15 g
Salt: moderate amount
Light soy sauce: 1 spoon
Dark soy sauce: 1 spoon
二、How to make steamed stuffed buns with mushrooms and pork
Step 1. Use 35 degrees of warm water to melt the yeast and let it stand for a while; slowly pour the yeast water into the flour, while pouring it, stir it into a flocculent shape with chopsticks.
Step 2. Use your hands to mix the flour into a smooth dough, cover it with a semi-moist kitchen steamer cloth or wrap it with plastic wrap, and ferment it to 2 times its size. (Poke a hole in the dough with your finger, if it doesn’t retract, it will be ready). Exhaust the dough and continue to knead it into a smooth dough.
Step 3. During the fermentation of the dough, prepare the stuffing for buns: wash and chop the minced meat, add five-spice powder, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, and beat in one direction with chopsticks; then add the minced green onion and ginger to continue. Whip in the direction until it is sticky and can be drawn out of silk.
Step 4. Wash the shiitake mushrooms, chop them with a vegetable cutter or cooking machine, and squeeze out the moisture.
Step 5. Put the shiitake mushrooms into the meat filling and stir well. Taste the minced meat, if it is weak, add some salt in it and stir well.
Step 6. Divide the dough into several small parts evenly.
Step 7. Use a rolling pin to roll into a bun with a thicker middle and a thinner edge.
Step 8. Put an appropriate amount of minced meat on the middle part of the dough.
Step 9. Then knead along the edges of the dough. Note: The last fold should be glued together with the first fold to form a bowl-like mouth. Press down slightly with your thumb in the middle to gently shape the bun.
Step 10. This is the wrapped bun.
Step 11. Put cold water into the pot. Place the squeezed buns on the steamer one by one, and let them rise for about 15 minutes. After the high heat is boiled, turn to medium heat and steam for 15 minutes, turn off the heat and continue to simmer for about 5 minutes before opening the lid.
Step 12. This is steamed buns with mushrooms and pork stuffing~
1. Yeast must be dissolved in warm water, not hot water, otherwise, the yeast will be scalded to death;
2. When making the dough, do not add enough water at a time; you need to add it little by little according to the softness and hardness of the dough; in short, make the dough soft and hard;
3. The wrapped buns must be proofed for a while before being steamed;
4. It must be boiled in cold water so that the steamed buns can slowly expand to the maximum;
5. When steaming the steamed buns, put a wet steaming cloth on the steamer, if not, you can put a layer of oil on the steamer;
6. Steamed meat buns are usually just about 15 minutes after boiling the water in the steamer. After the steamed buns are steamed, do not rush to open the lid. It is best to simmer for about 5 minutes, otherwise, the buns will collapse and look flat;
7. The noodles should be as soft as possible, which helps to wrap the delicate folds and the final closing of the buns.
8. If you pack buns for the first time, it is recommended to pack less stuffing to facilitate the operation;